North Perrott Somerset

parishcouncil

pnews

7vh

BOOKING FORM

10vh


Contact

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

North Perrott is a hamlet / small village lying to the north of the River Parrett from which its name is derived. It has changed little in size since it was surveyed for the Domesday Book. It is a linear settlement with ham stone houses lining the road, the ham stone having once been quarried in the parish. North Perrott has been under manorial ownership for over 1000 years but it was only in 1782 that the first manor house was built in thevillage by the Hoskyns family. Today the lands and properties of the once large estate have been sold and the Jacobean style manor house is now a successful prep school. The ancient church of St Martin lies at the entrance to the school and from here there are wonderful views across farmland towards Crewkerne. Despite its small size, North Perrott has a number of amenities and is very active in organising events such as fetes, concerts, open garden days, art exhibitions, enjoyable evenings in the village hall and cricket matches on the beautiful grounds of the North Perrott club.